How to Manage Acne 2

How to Manage Acne By Mari Bozozzo
Blog 2 of 3
This week, I will continue in my exploration of discovering more ways to manage Acne. Vitamin
A peels have given me immaculate results. My esthetician is a huge fan of them, and now I see
why. For me, it runs unparalleled in exfoliating the skin. Since receiving these peels, any acne
or congestion that used to be trapped underneath my skin is only too easy to extract now. I have
more even skin and smooth skin, as a result. I would get a Vitamin A peel every two weeks. But
now with Summer approaching, it may prove to be counterproductive to get them, as my
esthetician noted. Inquire with your esthetician to learn what peels may be of benefit to you.
These two are no brainers in keeping acne to the absolute minimum: Get plenty of exercises and
avoid foods that encourage flare-ups. I know it’s easier said than done, but you will get results,
granted that these things are done in conjunction with all of the above. Exercise, for one,
decreases stress. As we all know, stress is one of the main aggravators of acne. Getting any
form of exercise keeps stress levels in check, ultimately resulting in fewer breakouts. I do my best
to go power walking at least three times a week for one hour, with an average of four miles per
hour. I can’t begin to relay how much lighter I feel afterward. Yoga and meditation are also
great ways to keep those stress levels to an absolute minimum.
Regarding diet, I’d have to say that one should avoid any foods that are suspect in causing your
skin to go south. Although we have established that acne is not caused by having an unclean
face or from eating chocolate or fried foods, per se, it would still be wise to exercise caution, as
these things have been proven to exacerbate the issue. It certainly has for me. My skin, in
particular, has a high aversion to soy, excessive dairy, sugar, and foods heavy laden with oils.
Naturally, I avoid those as much as I can. I encourage you to learn what your skin is susceptible
to if you have not done so already. Perhaps you can seek out an allergist, nutritionist, or holistic
physician to facilitate your search. Or even more simple than that, begin recording your daily
meals and snacks in a food journal, of sorts. Write down everything that you consume each day,
especially noting all of the ingredients. Then pay attention to how your skin reacts. I’ve used this
method and continue to do so. It’s proven to be very helpful.
Have you gotten results with any of the above? I’d love to hear from you. Please feel free to
leave your comments below.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is Microdermabrasion Treatment

Alternative Ways To Fight Acne

A Perspective on All This

Keeping Acne At Bay During The Summer

What About Men With Acne?