How to Manage Acne 1

How to Manage Acne By Mari Bozozzo 
BLOG #1 of 3
ACNE. Such a tiny word for something that wreaks havoc in disproportionate amounts for all of us who continue to suffer from this physically and emotionally debilitating issue. ACNE could very well stand for Anxiety-Inducing, Compulsively obsessing, Never being happy, and Esteem destroying. Sounds familiar? If you are reading this, chances are that you know all too well the negative impact that this condition can have on your life. I personally have suffered from acne, varying from mild to severe, for at least 25 years now. I cannot begin to expound upon the emotional, mental, psychological, and physical disruptions that it has caused. Not to mention the mind-numbing amounts of money, time, and energy that I spent to the point of exhaust in my attempts to eradicate this dream killer from my life’s existence once and for all. Who out there can relate? Probably each and every one of you. So here’s the million dollar question: What is the answer to this never-ending cyclical hell ride that we all are on? Since there are many misconceptions floating around about acne and its causes, it’s imperative to debunk the myth that acne is solely a topical issue. That could not be further from the truth. Acne is actually an internal problem. Whatever imbalances that are taking place on the inside of our bodies will undoubtedly manifest on the outside. A major factor that contributes to acne is the environmental toxins that we are overexposed to. In addition, the foods that we consume daily are laden with animal hormones, genetic engineering, and other natural mechanisms and ingredients. Is it a wonder that our faces (and sometimes other parts of our bodies) cyclically erupt at the rates that they are? To compensate, our livers have to work overtime in detoxifying all of the gunk that is accumulated from day to day. If the liver can’t purge itself of any of these things, the end result will be an overproduction of the sebaceous glands and clogged pores, resulting in either whiteheads, blackheads, pimples, papules, and/or cysts. In addition to being predisposed genetically to the acne gene, the fluctuations of our reproductive hormones is usually another culprit responsible. So what can we all do to avoid the pitfalls of that next dreaded outbreak? Now that we have established that acne is an internal issue, that is exactly where we will need to head it off at from the inside. I finally got the upper hand in waging a war against my acne internally when I began getting professional facials in December 2015. I know what you’re thinking: Facials don’t treat acne internally. Yes, that is true. However, I am an avid believer that facials are excellent prerequisites to treating acne internally. For someone who had NEVER EVER had a facial up until that point, I can tell you that it paved the way to get the results that I was desperately in search of. I must be candid in admitting that the process was painstaking in the beginning. As I mentioned, I’d never gotten a facial before. My skin wasn’t used to “breathing”. And with each new breath that it took, the more breakouts that I endured. But only in the beginning. Once my skin got used to them, my facials enabled me to treat my acne with a clean canvas, so to speak. To say that I was off to a promising start is an understatement. Shortly thereafter I stumbled upon a blog of an individual who also suffered from acne. He claims that taking certain supplements cleared her acne was nothing short of a blessing for me, as I saw the transformation with my very own eyes once I adopted her regime (You may learn more at http:blog.radiantlifecatalog.com/the-5-supplements-that helped-heal-my-acne). In a nutshell, these are the supplements that tremendously gave my skin a boost in its appearance: Zinc, Raw Vitamin B Complex, Calcium/Magnesium blend, a probiotic, krill oil (I substitute the krill oil with flaxseed oil due to my fish allergy). I’ve also recently discovered something new to add to my arsenal- Chlorella, single-celled green algae belonging to the division Chlorophyta. Chlorella can help to clear acne, balance hormones, and give you softer, brighter, and more radiant skin. I also take oil of oregano capsules and the mineral selenium for additional health benefits. I do strongly encourage all who may be interested in taking these supplements to first check with your healthcare provider, to ensure that they do not interfere with any medications that you may be taking. Also, do your research. Familiarize yourselves with these supplements by learning what they are and their benefits, and what dosages that you should be taking. Another effective way to keep acne at bay is by drinking lots of H20. It’s an age-old adage, but true! Drinking water is not only great for flushing out your kidneys but for our skin, too! I aim for 10-11 glasses per day. Be it purified or distilled, it’s absolutely critical that you drink at least 8 glasses a day, or ½ of your body weight in ounces each day. I’ve also learned that indulging in sugary soft drinks and alcoholic beverages can actually amplify acne. That’s just another reason to refrain from those empty calories in a glass and reach for that which is chock full of health benefits. Your body and skin will thank you for it. Have you gotten results with any of the above? I’d love to hear from you. Please feel free to leave your comments below. ---------------------------------------------

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is Microdermabrasion Treatment

Alternative Ways To Fight Acne

A Perspective on All This

Keeping Acne At Bay During The Summer

What About Men With Acne?